Friday, 12 May 2017
Goodman (NZ) Limited, the Manager of Goodman Property Trust (“Trust” or “GMT”), is pleased to announce that its joint venture with Singapore’s GIC has agreed to acquire Bayleys House for $62.3 million.
The recently completed 8,106 sqm office building adjoins the Fonterra Centre on the corner of Gaunt and Halsey Streets in the VXV Precinct of central Auckland.
John Dakin, Chief Executive Officer of Goodman (NZ) Limited said, “This is a high quality acquisition that extends and diversifies the joint venture’s portfolio of Viaduct properties. The partnership strategy provides scale for GMT and gives the Trust greater exposure to Auckland’s fastest growing commercial precinct.”
Featuring large flexible floor plates, and incorporating sustainable architectural elements and energy efficient building systems, the low-rise office property is designed to a 5 Green Star rating. It is also expected to achieve a 5 star NABERSNZ base building rating when assessed in 12 months’ time.
Predominantly leased to real estate specialists Bayleys, technology provider IBM and law firm Mayne Wetherell, the new leases incorporate fixed review structures and have a weighted average term of nine years.
The ground lease obligations are structured for a period of 15 years.
Acquired from Goodman Group, which undertook the development on a build-to-lease basis, the purchase price reflects an initial yield of 7.6% on contract rentals. Additional fit-out rent increases the passing yield to 8.8%.
The acquisition, which remains conditional on the approval of the freehold land owner, is expected to settle in June 2017.
Following this acquisition and the purchase of the Datacom Building, which settles today, the joint venture will own seven buildings within the VXV Precinct. With a value of more than $470 million, the portfolio will provide over 88,000 sqm of office accommodation to around 20 customers. The portfolio has an occupancy rate of 96% and a weighted average lease term of more than nine years when future lease commitments are incorporated.
For further information please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Goodman (NZ) Limited
(09) 375 6077
(021) 305 316
Director Investment Management
Goodman (NZ) Limited
(09) 903 3269
(021) 538 934
 Wynyard Precinct Holdings Limited is the joint venture entity between Goodman Property Trust (“GMT”) and Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund (“GIC”) that is investing in Auckland’s VXV Precinct. GMT has a 51% interest in the entity with GIC owning the remaining 49%.